Also Called Tooth Colored Fillings
(Replacing Amalgam or Silver Fillings with White Fillings)
- White Fillings are also known as Composite Fillings.
- They are a mixture of acrylic resin, fine glass and silicon particles that produce a natural looking result. Sculptured onto your teeth for a flawless look and hardened through use of a specially developed blue light, these fillings are sculpted and polished to match your surrounding natural teeth for a beautiful, complete smile.
- Composite Fillings are suitable for repairing both front and back teeth.
What Are The Advantages Of White Fillings?
- Composite Fillings are more attractive than Amalgam Fillings.
- Teeth filled with Composite material tend to be stronger as it bonds to the surrounding tooth.
- Composite Fillings can be fitted into very small holes, so less drilling is needed.
So What Are The Disadvantages?
- A tooth filled with White Filling can stain with food and drink
- Tooth Coloured Fillings may be sensitive for a time after the procedure
- Composites are usually more expensive than Amalgam
- Placing the White Fillings usually takes more time as the technique to place them is more complex.
For all inquiries and appointments, please contact us or book online: